3 Important Facts about Tuning up Your Furnace This Winter
The winter season is just a few weeks away, which means you can expect the days to get a bit colder in Temecula from now on. For many homeowners, dealing with the low temperatures this time of the year will usually lead to increased use of the furnace.
Our heavy reliance on our heaters during the winter makes it even more important to look after their health and schedule regular maintenance throughout the year. If you haven’t done that, it’s not too late to get a tune-up for your furnace so that it’s ready to warm your home and keep you cozy for the winter.
Why is a Furnace Tune-Up Necessary?
We all recognize the importance of our furnace, especially when it helps heat our home during a frigid day. The significance of our heater means that homeowners must do all they can to keep it in stellar condition.
Like all our other appliances, heaters require regular maintenance to continue functioning at a high level without issue. Getting a furnace tune-up will benefit homeowners in numerous different ways as well, such as:
- Reduced energy costs: A well-functioning furnace is more energy-efficient, so your monthly utility bills will be cheaper if you take care of your heating system.
- Longer Lifespan: A heating system that constantly experiences performance issues will usually have a shorter lifespan. Keeping your heater free of issues will ensure that it stays healthy and lasts longer.
- Increased Safety: A properly maintained furnace is clean and free of dust and debris that could compromise heat-sensitive components. This reduces the risk of health hazards like fire and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: A heater operating efficiently and as intended will keep debris and dust out of your home’s air, preserving indoor air quality.
How Often Should You Get A Furnace Tune-Up?
Two tune-ups each year should be enough to keep your furnace at its best and running smoothly. The ideal time of the year to get these tune-ups differs for everyone and will ultimately depend on your circumstances. However, if we did have to make a recommendation, we would suggest just before the start of spring and prior to the arrival of winter as good periods to consider for both of your maintenance appointments.
Signs You Require a Furnace Tune-Up
- Energy Bills Are More Expensive: Sharp increases to your monthly bills without a clear explanation signal that your furnace is operating less efficiently and needs a tune-up.
- Foul Odors: A well-functioning furnace will never smell. A professional checkup is likely necessary if foul odors start coming from your heater. You could be dealing with a clogged air filter, dirt built-up, or an even more severe HVAC problem.
- Old Age: Heaters are more prone to performance problems and wear and tear as they age, making tune-ups even more helpful and necessary.
Ensure your furnace makes it through the long winter uninterrupted by failing components or obstructive debris by turning to ProFlo HVAC for help. We offer heater maintenance and repair solutions to address any issue that gets in your furnace’s way. Our HVAC contractors will help preserve your heating system’s exceptional health and performance with their expertise and precise craftsmanship. As Temecula residents can attest, there isn’t a more trustworthy team to handle your furnace than ProFlo. See for yourself just how good our team is by turning to us for your next HVAC maintenance project and calling us at (951) 694-1300 or visiting us online.